Friday, June 9, 2017

Másání’s hands are always 'busy' and 'adorned'




'Masani's hands are magic
Photo by Venaya Yazzie 2017
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


As Diné, as Navajos I know we are blessed. My great grandparents to tell us this as young children. They seen how we were blessed with beautiful lands and glorious family. Today I see what they were talking about in my grandmother.

This week I was able to sit among the women in my family as we received and prepared wild tea most commonly referred to as 'Navajo tea.'

My másání as the leader in the process. She is always sharing her wisdom and stories with her family and friends. I snapped this image as she was engaged in wrapping or bundling the wild tea. Her hands are magic and they are always beautifully adorned with her grand turquoise.


She is blessed and we are blessed to have her in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment