Wednesday, April 27, 2016

She emulates 'beauty'





The hands of my maternal grandmother are my steadfast strength. I see her hands and I know that life will be 'beautyful.'

In every little thing she does she is 'beauty' to me. I treasure this time I have with her, by her side she is the teller of the stories of the universe and the songs of the strong cedar trees. This woman I am blessed to have in my life is my muse of sorts. Whether I am amidst painting, beading or sewing a new garment, just knowing she is in radius soothes my spirit.

I look at her and help her 'adorn' herself in the morning and am moved to create 'beautyful' things.

I captured this photo of her as she sat and read the morning newspaper. Just in that moment she emulated 'beautyway.'

Blessings,
Venaya



No comments:

Post a Comment