Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Tibetanportraits site

Tibetan female elder
Photo credit from Instagram via Tibetanportraits


As I have stated before, I am very interested in the global community of Indigenous people. I am also very much focused on finding the parallels that exist between those cultures and my own Indigenous desert tribal people of the Navajo and Hopi people.
 
Via social media sources I have been able to do my visual research on this topic. Of the many pages on Instagram one that is high on my list of favs is Tibetanportraits - which features the Indigenous people of the Tibetan region.
 
I recently found this image above which was posted by Tibetanportraits. This photo by far is fantastic. When I first saw this image I immediately recognized this elder, or should I say she very much reminded my of my own Navajo matriarchs in New Mexico. I love this image for many other reasons too, for one she eludes pure happiness and joy, how wonderful to see an elder smiling! Also I can see she is dressed in her cultural regalia and is holding some type of necklace or maybe a prayer necklace.
 
I continue my research on this topic of the similarities that exist among world cultures.
 
Blessings.











No comments:

Post a Comment