Monday, November 21, 2016

Bless the Water Protectors





Credits for song screenshot found at Butchie Eastwood channel on YouTube


Relatives I am at a loss for words.

The situation in Standing Rock has hit a terrible low, my Indigenous Brothers and Sisters are being mercilessly attacked with brutal force and evil violence.  Last night the North Dakota Sheriff and his hired goons used water to attack the Water Protectors at the Standing Rock Sioux reservation lands. The temperatures in ND are in the low teens and so the intentional use of water as a weapon was done so to do harm - in ensuring the people would get cold and literally freeze while out there.  The military-style enforcement was also were firing concussion grenades at the People, those Water Protectors...some of whom were physically hurt.

This event has gone so far beyond just so called "guarding" the pipeline construction, for this is plain racism and about pure hate.  Such tactics are dehumanizing and blatantly acts of violence against Creator God's beautiful Indigenous children.

Many of us Native artists are feeling the pain on a spiritual level, I have been in a type of mourning all day, my heart is heavy and I just cry tears for my people... This moment in time is at a turning point - my Indigenous people in America are being terrorized just because they are wanting to ensure the waters of the Missouri River are not going to be contaminated from oil mining and oil production.

Since the first europeans arrived here, on this ancestoral Indigenous land - They have had ill motives, we heard the accounts from living relatives through oral history and now as 21st century Indigenous ancestors we are seeing the truth of the hate They have for us.

 I pray I pray I pray I pray  - for protection of the Water Protectors at Standing Rock. In the end Goodness outshines evil. So I share this Lakota Prayer Song and dedicate it to the warriors in ND.

(Credits for song found at Butchie Eastwood channel on YouTube.)








Bless the People.




No comments:

Post a Comment