Tuesday, November 19, 2019

'Hogan Poetry' - Dine'tah, NM


New Mexico Poet, Venaya Yazzie at San Juan College Library

____________________________________________________________________________

p o e t r y

as it is called is the n a r r a t i v e of a human life - it is pure expression of that tangible experience of living.
p o e t r y
for the Dine' individual concerns history, and prayer mixed with song. it is not the poetry that america knows it - it is deeper, more meaning full, and truth. 

➕4me it is hané mixed w/yiin: story & song

➕4me it is perpetuation of being, of Iiná

➕even when i am just listening & absorbing the sounds of words: its dimensional
____________________________________________________________________________
                                             . . . .
Last week on Thursday night my path met up once again with two of my fellow Dine' sisters and poets: Tina Deschenie and Esther Belin.  As a Dine' woman I hold these two women in high esteem and refer to them has my 'cousin sisters' a loving expression among the female community of Navajo people.

The gathering brought together the community of people in Farmington who have adoration for the Literary Arts. The theme of our combined works seems to center around our fathers and the always, the land. Poetry is a type of medicinal concept for many people, and for me it sis truth.  I write because I need to and also because it helps me to remember my life moments are meaningful.

All and all the night of Navajo Poetry was 'beautyful' indeed.

Blessings all around.

vjy

#hoganpoetry#navajo#woman#poetsw#505life

No comments:

Post a Comment