Thursday, June 22, 2017

Indi.Ears Matriarch Earrings


Indi.Ears Navajo Matriarch Earrings by Venaya Yazzie
2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


Indi.Ears Hopi Matriarch Earrings by Venaya Yazzie
2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


I have always adored the historical photographs that we have access to in the 21st century. As an Indigenous southwestern woman I view this images with great respect in mind. These images of my desert matriarchs are my roots. I may not know their names or their tribal clanship, but they are my 'relatives.'

I create these Indi.Ears Earring designs as an homage to them, the Indigenous women who existed before me, whose life created a trail for me to exist now.

These earring designs tell a story of life in the desert, they speak prayer and motion the stories of the past.

Indi.Ears Matriarch Earrings can be viewed and purchase via my Square Up store at this link:






No comments:

Post a Comment