Friday, January 20, 2017

‘I will have a good cry and then pick myself up and get myself ready for another round of battles’






Beloved brother Leonard Peltier
Photo source Internet


Our beloved brother, Leonard Peltier recently expressed, "I will have a good cry and then pick myself up and get myself ready for another round of battles." It is said he said this after learning that President Obama did not grant him clemency.

It is my belief that our Brother is made to be an example, he has been in prison almost as long as I've been on this earth. A great injustice has been done and is currently committed , as long has he is in prison, the Indigenous community is disrespected. I believe that we as Indigenous need to keep Peltier in our prayers, to keep his spirit strong and for protection.

In a sense, our Brother is us and we are him. As long as we are on this earth, we all share his struggle against injustice. His identity and our identities as modern Indigenous people is our hope for our future. We must never forget him in our prayerlife.

If you would like to support Leonard via a letter or cards to support him, please do so. Here is his address:





Leonard Peltier #89637-132
USP Coleman I
PO Box 1033
Coleman, FL 33521

No comments:

Post a Comment