Thursday, December 3, 2015

My Dine' Matriarchs

My Dine' Matriarchs. Navajo grandmothers of mine.
Photo credit Venaya Yazzie
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2015

As I have mentioned before, I was raised by my maternal grandmother (pictured on the left). She and my maternal grandfather raised me up in their home as their child. I am forever grateful to them. Now I care for my grandmother who just turned 86 years. Her she stands with her sister.

My experience growing up was so very rich, for I was always among the Navajo elders of the community of Tota' and of Huerfano, NM on the eastern Navajo reservation. I believe my adoration of the Navajo way of 'ha'dit'e' is why I research it, Indigenous Adornment is my passion.

Her my matriarchs are pictured with with their beauty-ful Navajo style jewelry. For me the are the 'Beautyway' personified.

No comments:

Post a Comment