Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ring.connection to Masani.




Heirloom Silve and Turquiose ring.
Photo by Venay Yazzie
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

I was fortunate to have my great-grandmother in my live until I was 18 years old. I was a Senior in high school when my Masani' left this earth. I always remember that last day I spent in her presence, her face and our conversation is as clear and vibrant as if were yesterday, its my medicine that keeps me living a good life.

When she left, I was given two of her personal items. One was her Pendelton shawl blanket and the other was this beautiful silver and turquoise ring.

I have treasured this ring and wear it often. This ring is a connection I have with a great past of beautiful Dine' Matriarchs of the Many Hogans clan, this ring is my grandmother's laughter and love.

blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment