Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Adornment Blessings


Indi-Earrings by VYazzie 2013
 I have been dwelling in the land of Indigenous jewerly creation more and more this year. The continual inspiration I gain as I trek the high desert lands of my ancestors keeps in in perpetual inspiration. So, I begin the happiness of creation new jewelry pieces so the People can ADORN themselves.

These new earring designs I have created consist of natural materials and items that have been continually based in the southwest cultural tradition of jewerly-making. I use wood as the base and add the textures of text and historical photographs and finish each pair with ultimate ADORNMENT. Specifically, I use turquoise and shell varieties to complete my Indi-Earrings.

I will have more soon. So if you would like to ADORN your ears with my work, let me know.

Blessings in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment