Saturday, January 7, 2017

Beautyways of Navajoland 2016



Many blessings from me to you!
V enaya Yazzie



First of all, many blessings and thankfulness to the start of a new era.  We have entered the year 2016 and so far it has been amazing.

I would like to start this entry with a quote from my favorite Indigenous writer N. Scott Momaday:

I am interested in the way that we look at a given landscape

 and take possession of it in our blood and brain. None of us

 lives apart from the land entirely; such an isolation is 

unimaginable.

As ever I am in love and in complete adoration of the beauty of Navajoland in the winter season. The mesas are decorated with white snow and clear blue skies welcome my outdoor treks.  I am thankful for many things in my life, but most of all I am so blessed to have a wonderful family that supports and loves me.  I look forward to what the new year brings and hope to good things to cross my path. For me, the high desert will always be my home and all its details will inspire me as I continue my art path.  I can travel to places outside the boundaries of my 'keyah,' eastern Navajoland, but it is always with me, in me, flowing through my veins.

I bid you blessings and good thoughts and thank you for visiting my blog space. Let's see what 2016 brings to the table!

Nizhon.



No comments:

Post a Comment