Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Nizhoni Bears.


Nizhoni Bears made by Venaya Yazzie
Photo by YAZZGRL ART 2016
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


 
Its during this season that I take to the sewing studio where I am inspired to make my Blue Bird Bag - Nizhoni Bears.
 
Here I share my newest editions of my Nizhoni Bears. I with my aunt participate in the community holiday craft bazaars where we show and share our stories of the things we make. For me it is these bears and also my Nizhoni Blue Bird Bags too.
 
This new batch also includes some bears made of a poly/cotton blend material that looks somewhat like the famous Pendleton blankets. Each is unique in its creation and each carries my artist hallmark on them.
 
I make these Nizhoni Bears in the way of my matriarchs who also worked to reuse such items such as the Blue Bird flour bags. I currently have my bags posted for purchase on my Square Store account. Please follow link to view:
 
 
Blessings.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment