Wednesday, November 16, 2016

What Creator brings into my path



Holding my Masani's beautyful hands
Photo by Venaya Yazzie 2016
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED


I recently crossed paths with an old friend - she was so surprised to see me! She said she wondered where I was or went to...she asked me "Are you still dancing?" We laughed because I guess we've both understand how we both have been busy with our lives.

Within the past several years I have devoted my time to  my grandparents. Since my paternal grandfather has passed on I devote most ( and all ) of my time to my grandmother. My life has changed much. I have bypassed those activities that once filled my time, including dancing a the local community powwows. I miss it, but I know I can always return when Creator brings that back into my life. Sometimes I'll look in my closet at my jingle dresses and occasionally put one on (just to see if it still fits..haha!) and think of all the good memories those beloved dresses hold.

I share this capture because it tells volumes about me in 2016. Today I am at the call of my 'masaani' - she is my immediate attention and most of what I do now is for her and with her by my side. As she travels that incredible road of old age, I am grateful and feel so very blessed to have the honor of caring for her.

I don't know what the future holds for me, but I have faith that Creator God has a plan for me and that is where I find my own 'peace.' I have my 'mamasaan' and I have my art - so, I am in a good way.

Bless each other.








No comments:

Post a Comment