Friday, November 11, 2016

Much respect Indigenous Veterans

Navajo moccasins worn by Venaya Yazzie
Photo credit: Venaya Yazzie 2016
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Day eleven of my moccasin challenge.

In honor and respect I dedicate this blog entry to the U.S. Veterans who have passed on and to those who live.

My family has a history of members who have served in the American military. Collectively they served in the following:

Korean War - World War II - Vietnam War - Gulf War - Iraqi War

Words cannot describe how I feel for my family members who have served their country, for many of my Navajo family members the war was about protecting our Navajoland, our sacred places and our Dine' people.

Ahe'he. Thank you Brothers for what you have done.

In memory of of my late family members
who served in the Armed Forces:

George Chavez Sr. - Navajo Code Talker

Wilbert Werito - Korean War Veteran

Thomas Werito - Korean War Veteran

Johnny Black Sr. - Vietnam Veteran

Alfred Yazzie Jr. - Vietnam Veteran

Much respect.
Rest in Peace




No comments:

Post a Comment