Monday, September 12, 2016

Indigenous artists bless





 Indigenous artists: Esther G. Belin (Poet), Gary Farmer
(Actor/Musician) and myself Venaya Yazzie

Greetings Friends and Relatives in and out of Indin'Country! The season of Autumn is here in the high desert southwest, I feel to very blessed to be amidst all of the change.

I share this image with you because it reveals the modern Indigenous artist(s). I have been blessed to have been a part of the annual Indigenous Fine Arts Market (IFAM) in Santa Fe, New Mexico again. This year the market took place August 18-29 in Santa Fe, NM in the SF Railyard District.

During those two-days I again was able to meet new people and re-connect with Indigenous artists. We all where their to show and sell our art, but also to unite and support each other. This IFAM experience has been a blessed one for me since its inaugural introduction in 2014. I plan to do be a participant in this market every year.

I love this capture for it depicts three modern Indigenous artists: Esther G. Belin (Poet), Gary Farmer (Actor/Musician) and myself Venaya Yazzie (Artist). Gary stopped by our share IFAM booth and greeted us and we all talked some about art and the market. He was genuine in his dialogue and expressed gratitude in being able to see all the Native artists in person at IFAM.

Though there was some turmoil at this year's IFAM event, we all got through it.
I look forward to next year because I know the real GOOD that IFAM brings to the autonomy and brilliance of the modern Indigenous artist.

Bless.








No comments:

Post a Comment