Friday, July 1, 2016

Adahodilzni-Reverance for Self Youth Conference- Shiprock NM



Venaya at Shiprock, NM 2016


This past week I was humbled and blessed to give the keynote address at the 10th Annual Adahodilzni - Reverance for Self - Youth Conference on the Navajo Nation in Shiprock, New Mexico.

I also was able to share and present my 'Navajo Jewelry Adornment' session to the Navajo youth on the first day of the conference I am pictured here with my signage made by the Wellness staff. Cute sign, but I see that the word 'jewelry' is spelled wrong.

As an educator and cultural educator I was so very humbled and very much happy to share the positive message o9f Navajo cultural pride and history with the Shiprock youth and with community members on the virtues of respect for themselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment